Sunday, January 02, 2011

Welcome to 2011!

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  We had a quiet Christmas and now look forward to the new year.

I have recently had two words that have caught my attention.  One is resolve and the other is intentional.  Both are strong words and I find both to be challenging and so I'm using them both in my New Years resolution!   I want 2011 to be an exceptionally creative year.  I want to paint, sew, felt, scrapbook and stamp!  Oops, I forgot my photography and gardening - oh my, this could be a very busy year.

To help get a good start, I resolve to intentionally make something creative every day and blog every day for 100 consecutive days.  I've chosen  100 days because it coincides with a challenge John Bingham made to intentionally move for 30 minutes each day for 100 consecutive days!  I accepted the challenge (so have 7000+ other people) and that's when I began to think about the word intentional!   The word resolve came into my life with the study of Daniel in Chapter 8, verse 1  "But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine . . . . ".   I have really thought about this word a lot during the past two years.  To resolve just seems so much stronger than to make up one's mind.  And now here comes intentional!  To be intentional requires a decision to be made every day!

So with both of these words running around in my head and accepting the challenge to intentionally move for 30 minutes every day, I've added creating and blogging. I love that I've now made a public declaration and know that you will hold me accountable.  I don't know about you but that works wonders for my resolve! 

If any of you would like to join the 100 day challenge with John Bingham, check it out on Facebook/jbingham. 

Now for the creative side of today!

I wanted to try inking a texturz plate and run it through the Big Shot.  This inking could be done with a brayer, but you will need a Big Shot and embosslit for the hearts.  Once I completed the inking on the whisper white paper, I came up with my first Valentine for 2011.  I love Valentine's Day and yes, it's mostly because of  the chocolate but  it's, also, because it's a day of saying I love you, not just to our husbands or boyfriends, but our parents, our children and our friends! 

Supplies:
Paper - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Stampin Pad - Cherry Cobbler
Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit
Pinking Hearts Corner Punch
Modern Label Punch
Teeny Tiny Wish Stamp Set
Fiskars Texturz Plate - Lace (not Stampin' Up)
Big Shot
Dimensionals

All of these items are available in the current 2010-2011 Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog, except the lace texturz plate, but there are many wonderful plates available from SU.  Call to place an order or order directly from my SU website.

This card size is actually 5.5 x 8 - finished size 4 x 5.5
This is a quick and easy card.

Keep your eyes open for notice of a preview of the new mini catalog and Valentine Workshop coming soon.

See you tomorrow, ready to create.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...