Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26 - A challenge on it's own!

Day 26!

Today is a day that was filled with many blessings and some not such fun stuff.  To start with the blessings, I did the devotion for Early Time at my CBS (Community Bible Study) group.  

To tell this correctly I must back up - last Thursday I received that dreaded letter from the mammogram doctor - you know the one that says you need to come in for additional views.  So on Friday we got it scheduled for the following Wednesday. As a woman you know that this just simply fills us with dread.  On Saturday I saw an email from my leader that she desperately needed someone to do the devotion for the following week and so I said yes.  That's not something I would normally jump on, but this time I did and what a blessing - I was so busy in the Word preparing for my devotion that I didn't have much time to think about testing or what my body might be doing.  So yesterday I had the additional mammogram and ultra sound and they said they needed to do a needle biopsy and it was scheduled for(Thursday) this afternoon.  I came home from the test and guess what I had on my mind?  No it wasn't the biopsy it was the devotion.  God is so good and now you can see why I started this with today was filled with blessings etc. etc.

The second blessing was that I did the devotion without incident and it seemed to bless a number of the ladies, so I praise God for that. 

The third blessing was that two of my CBS sisters came to the hospital and prayed with me and waited for me to complete the biopsy and sat and relaxed and laughed with me after.  Once again I sa, "God is so good, no He's GREAT!"

Blessing four, my sweet husband took me out for dinner and oh yes, the not such great stuff was the biopsy but even that wasn't near as bad as I expected and my doctor and nurse were incredible.  So nice, patient, caring and efficient!  So even the not so good was still a blessing. (I will let you know the outcome next week when I have the results)

Now that you've experienced my entire day with me I am going to share a card I made this week.  I made one that I didn't post because I was sending it to a young friend and I didn't want her to see it here first.  Since I really don't feel like making something tonight I'm going to use it (I'm sure this doesn't break my challenge under these circumstances.)  I must admit it isn't a totally Stampin' Up card.  I used some baby paper and a baby foot stamp from a local store, but the rest of supplies were Stampin' Up including some retired paper, Pixie Pink, Whisper White cardstock, Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and the scallop square punch, Congratulations and inside sentiment are Stampin' Up.  This is very unusual for me, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!  This card is congratulations on finding out it's a girl!  There will be more when the little princess is born!

So thanks for listening to my girl story and tomorrow I'll hopefully be back with a new card and a new post after a day of taking it easy!

Till then - happy stamping.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...