Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 16 - Awash With Flowers

Here I am "thinking of you" with my Day 16 creation and post!  

I hate to admit it, but this is the first time I've used this stamp set - Awash With Flowers arrived on the scene in July 2010 with the new catalog.  I actually didn't order it until a friend sent me a card using this set and I was sold  However, I'm just now using it, but I just bet it now will become a favorite.  .  This is a two-step stamp set, meaning you stamp the outlines of the flowers and the stems and then stamp the solid part of the flower over the lines.  They won't meet up exactly and that gives the look of watercolors.

I cased the card in the catalog (pg. 98) for this card tonight, changing layout, colors and sentiment, but the idea for cutting out the flowers and raising them up with dimensionals belongs to another creative soul and I say thanks.  Now it's your turn - have fun.
Supplies:
Paper, Blushing Bride, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip (Textured)
Stamps; Awash With Flowers and Bloomin' Beautiful (Retired)  A great new bee is available in Nature Walk in the new mini catalog.
Ribbon:  Pretty in Pink Taffeta
Punches: Oval and Scallop Oval
Markers:
Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzaz.  The bee is Craft Black with clear embossing powder and Delightful Daffodil.

After a cold rainy weekend this was a reminder that spring is just around the corner!

Happy Stampin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...