Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 29 Embedded Embossing with Fun Flowers

Good evening ladies,

I'm so excited to be posting so early tonight. I 've spent the better part of the afternoon organizing my DSP (designer series paper) from Stampin' Up! I've got enough to last me the rest of my life! And that's if I live to 100! Unfortunately, most of it is retired now, but you're going to be seeing it in various projects anyway - got to use it and you can always find a current paper similar to use in your projects. Maybe, just maybe you too have some paper stuck away and might be inspired to use yours too! Anyway, I had fun looking at all of the goodies, made a list of card stock and markers I need to order and played with some punches and dies.

Then I settled down and made a birthday card using a new technique. I learned about this technique from Gretchen Barron, a fabulously creative stamper. I follow her blog and I just loved this idea. You can see her creations at her blog: http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/. She said she learned it from her upline and so this really is a fairly new technique. I love the look, as she said, "It almost looks like counted cross stitch." In my case it's as close as I will ever come!

Below you will find a list of measurements and supplies needed to complete this card. I used snail to adhere the layers and to make the embedded image - I used snail to adhere the leaves, the butterfly and the flower pieces to the old olive layer and ran it through the Big Shot in the square lattice embossing folder. Then I adhered it to the rest of the card and added the pearl and added the sentiment with dimensionals.

The card is 4 1/4 x 11 - folded making a standard size card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2". I used it in the horizontal rotation.
Layer one is 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer two is 3 3/4 x 5"

Supplies:
Paper: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Pear Pizzaz, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, DSP for flower
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Sizzlit: Little Leaves
Embosslit: Beautiful Wings
Die: Fun Flowers
Embossing Folder: Square Lattice
Big Shot
Punch: Scallop Oval, Oval Large
Jewels: Basic Pearls
Snail and Dimensionals

I hope you enjoy this new technique and give it a try. It's really quite easy and fun to make.

Have a great evening and see you tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...