Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 23 - Friend

Attention:  Tomorrow is the first day of Sale-a-Bration! This is one of Stampin' Up!'s biggest promotions and a favorite of customers and demos alike. All of us get a free stamp set for every $50 we spend between January 25 and March 31. Some of the stamp sets are unique to this promotion, but some are from the IBC - please let me know if you would like me to send you a brochure or check it out on line.  You can call, text or email and order or place one on my SU website.  One of the fun sets is Punch Bunch - I used the owl on my Who's 10 card a couple of days ago. 

Now for Day 23! Amazing to you, even more amazing to me!  Today was easy - I don't know why except that I knew I wanted to make a card for a special friend.  I love flowers and so does she - so a bouquet seemed the perfect idea. 

I love Poppy Parade and so that was an easy choice for one of the colors and Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzaz for the stems and leaves, so that was a natural for the card.  Confetti White was used for the background paper. 

The flowers were stamped with Awash with Flowers. I stamped the outline with Cherry Cobbler and the center with Poppy Parade on the card with the stems.  Then I stamped the center again  and cut them out mounted with them with dimensionals so they pop off the card.  

I cut the large oval with sizzix clear die (not SU) and the vase with the extra large oval punch.  I love how the vellum looks like frosted glass and lets the stems show through. I used some silver to edge the vase and give it some shape.

 Friend is from With All My Heart and I used markers so I could have two colors and punched it with the scallop oval. 

A fun and cheerful card - make one today and surprise a friend.

Happy Stamping.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...