Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30 - Big Birthday Candle

What a fun day! I got an email from a friend that suggested a blog for me to check out and that one led me to one after another. Finally I just had to stop, but oh, I saw some of the best blogs and projects galore. This has just made me want to stamp more and to dress my blog up with more pictures, so I'm going to start today and you can let me know what you think.

By the way, I had to go back and correct last night's blog title - I jumped ahead and made it Day 30, but it really was Day 29 and is now correct. I really wish I had started this on January 1, so my dates and days would have been the same, but now that we're heading into February it won't matter anyway!

Can you believe it tomorrow is February 1! Oh, my this year is already flying by and speaking of that I had the birthday of a special little "adopted" granddaughter sneak up on me. First of the month birthdays always seem to do that and so today I made my card really early so I could get it in the mail.

I used a very old and very retired stamp set for this card! I've kept a lot of my old sets and I still love them and feel like it's OK to use them. Many of you have old sets too and it's always nice to get them out - it's like visiting with an old friend. So here we go with today's card -

I used Pirouette Pink for the card base and Pretty in Pink for the first layer. I embossed this piece with Retro Circles an embossing folder (non SU). I added a third layer in Whisper White and I stamped the candle using markers so I could get the various colors. This is a two step stamp set for outlines and solids. I love the sentiment Make a Wish! I used a glitter pen to make the flame a little more exciting as you can see in the close up picture. If you would like exact dimensions or colors, please comment and I will see that you get them.

I had fun with the inside of the card too - I added a second piece of Pretty in Pink to stamp my sentiment and I used the Heart to Heart punch in the bottom left corner and then rather than waste the punched out hearts I used them on the inside left page. I always want to snap pictures of the insides, but I often have already added my note as I did today, but I'm going to show the pictures anyway, because I like the way it turned out.
The Happy Birthday is from the Big Birthday Candle set and the adorable sentiment is from It's Your Birthday, also retired.
I know I've used all retired stamp sets for this card, but you can still use the layout and the idea to use other sets or maybe you just happen to have these sets and will pull them out from the back and use them once again.
I just placed an order tonight, so I will be anxiously awaiting a new order from Stampin' Up!, including several SAB sets! So soon you will be seeing some brand new items along my old favorites.
If there's a set you would like for me to feature, let me know. If I have it I'll use it to create a card or project of some sort. Until tomorrow Happy Stamping -
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...