Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 31 - Welcome Baby

A crazy, cold Tuesday!

Tuesdays are usually quiet days beginning with Bible Study at 9 am in Katy and then an afternoon at home, but today was different from beginning to end. First, we went to bed last night with temps around 65 and woke up this morning to around 40 with rain and wind at about 35mph. Living on a prairie allows wind to blow and blow and blow! I'm still not quite used to living in the country without houses and trees all around to break the wind. Normally, I could have stayed in bed until around 7, but no in a moment of craziness I had scheduled my little dog's teeth cleaning for 8 am and needed to have him in Bellaire by 7:30. What was I thinking? Even on a good day that would mean leaving home at around 6:30 - Yikes, I'm not an earlier riser and neither is my little dog. But this morning it was even worse - winds, rain and I would be following along with the storm not getting away from it so I left later than planned, but Jack got to the vet, I had time for a coffee and made it back to Katy for Bible Study on time! Note, I had to pick Jack up at 12:30 back in Bellaire and bring him back home. Seems like I spent a lot of time on windy roads today!

So it seemed like a real break to get to sit down tonight and make a card. I have babies on my mind these days, so I made another baby card. This one is made with current Stampin' Up! stamps and papers. I did use a corner chomper (non SU) and a Zig Painty (gold end) to paint the baby carriage. Papers are Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I used markers in the same colors for the tiny little diaper pins, remember those?

What I love about this card is that it can be made using Bashful Blue to replace the Pretty in Pink and change the ribbon and pink marker and you've got a boy card. It certainly is handy that most people know in advance, but in case someone doesn't then use So Saffron or Pear Pizzaz and you've got a neutral card that can be used for the "mystery" baby. I'm going to make those colors and will show them all together in tomorrows blog.




Oh, by the way the stamp sets are Fun and Fast Notes and Short and Sweet. The punches used for the sentiment are Word Window and Modern Label. The finished card size is 4 x 4 1/4 and is finished off with Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon and gold brad wheels.

Until tomorrow - stay warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...