Friday, February 04, 2011

Day 34 Embossed Vellum

I've returned to an old favorite for today's card.  Several years ago when embossing folders first came on the scene, we would emboss vellum and cover the front of a card.  I loved the look, but just forgot about doing it until today.
I began with Old Olive card stock, cut to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card and cut a piece of vellum 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".  I then cut a piece of DSP (designer series paper) 4 x 5 1/4".  The DSP shows through the vellum just slightly adding a slight dimension.  A brighter DSP might add more to the look.  Try some different ones to get the look you want.  I used snail to attach the DSP to the front of the card.  I embossed the vellum using the Manhattan Flower embossing folder and followed by stamping Thinking of You on the front.   I used classic ink, but because it was on the vellum it stayed wet long enough for me to add some embossing powder.  I like the look of the embossed sentiment, just
a little added touch.  I used snail along the left side of the vellum and attached it to the card front.  A simple wrapping of ribbon around and tying a bow completes a very simple but elegant card.

Sometimes the old tricks are the best tricks!  Pull out some paper and try something old or new today!

Happy Stamping,


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...