Thursday, February 24, 2011

C is for Cat

I took one day off from stamping and made my journal cover last night.  I thought I might take several days off and do some painting or some other crafts, but tonight when I headed up to my craft room I had an entire card jump into my mind and before I knew it, it was done!

This almost never happens to me, I mean never!  I usually have to think about a stamp set and then play with paper, colors, sentiment etc. etc. etc.  Making cards is often very stressful for me and although I love doing it, it certainly doesn't usually come very easy.  I have found that during this blog challenge ideas have some times come more quickly, but not like tonight!

I walked in and new I wanted to make this card layout.  I haven't made this type of card in a long time, but I saw a picture on my computer yesterday and I guess it just stayed in my mind.  I thought about papers and I don't have many current DSPs so I chose the Newsprint design, pulled out Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock and knew it had to be "C is for Cat".



I no longer had the dimensions for cutting the layers fors this card, but that came to me and I cut the papers without even looking up the information and they fit! 


The only thing I wasn't sure of was what I wanted on the front with the cat and then suddenly I remembered I had an embossing folder of cattails!  I know it isn't a Stampin' Up! folder, but I couldn't resist the cat with the cattails and so the card was now designed and complete.  I love it!  It's probably one of my most unusual cards.  I may have to send it to myself so I can keep it.  Heehee!  It's like a days break just gave me a renewed spirit and I didn't play it safe or over think what I was doing.  I just had fun!!!!

Hope you enjoy - can't wait to see what comes next.

Happy Stamping,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...