Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 47 - Thanks

Thursday (Friday Eve) and what a day!  Hard to believe that it was just Tuesday that I had surgery as today was almost back to normal.  I went to
Bible Study this morning and it was so good to be in God's Word and with my good friends.  I came home after my busy morning, ate a fabulous sandwich made with homemade bread (a special gift) and fell asleep for about four hours.  Bill came home, we drove into Sealy for dinner and he took me to our Home Owners Assoc. meeting.  I'm on the Board and they said I could miss, but just thought I really ought to be there and so off we went, me and my wonderful chauffeur!  :)

Once I was back home I had to decide what card to make for today's creation and post.  Yesterday my card was one I had made a while back and just added a sentiment and I then used it as a case for today's card.  To case a card is to "copy and selectively edit" making a similar but different card.  I've heard other ways of saying it, but that's what it boils down to, so I got busy.  I pulled papers, one of which I hadn't used until tonight.  I first pulled a piece of Poppy Parade and to choose a color to go with it, I turned to the catalog and the Designer Series Papers and that's where I found the paper "Summer Garden"  which put Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzaz and Peach Parfait together.  There it was my two colors for today - Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait.

I really like using our clear blocks to make a background for a solid stamp.  For this card I used the Size C clear block and the stamp on top came from Friends Never Fade.  Just like last nights card, I stamped the background square with the lighter of the two colors and then the design.  I also used this for my Christmas Cards with "Dasher".  It's a quick and easy way of making a very decorative card.  Much easier than it looks and allows you to get a lot of cards done in a short period of time.  I actually made the first card so quickly I decided to make two tonight so I could show how different cards can look with just slight differences.  So, on my first one I used the distressing tool on the white layer and sponged the edgtes.  Using a 3/8" taffeta ribbon to tie around it and the sentiment at an angle.

The second card is made with the same colors, same size block and stamp, but I didn't distress the edges and cut a small strip of the Poppy Parade and placed it under a strip of the Victorian.  And on this one I placed the sentiment square on the card rather than at an angle.  The only other difference was the size of the oval I used for the sentiment.  Very much alike and yet very different. 

So, my cards are done for today!  I think I will be making some more of these - maybe three or four of each in different color combinations - I have so many cards events coming up soon and I'll be ready for them all.

See you tomorrow,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...