Monday, February 21, 2011

Peace Within - Possibility of a Miracle

If you've been following my blog, you know I've been doing a daily countdown, but today I've hit Day 51 and have decided not to number the blogs in the title any more.  You will know if I miss a day and I hope that won't happen, but I want the focus to be on creation and not a countdown!

Today my thoughts are on miracles and so I pulled two sets for my card.  Peace Within is a set I used constantly when I first got it, but it's been hidden away for a long time and Country Morning is a hostess set I earned 2009/10 but never used until today. 


We live in the country, but we don't have chickens, nor do any of our neighbors.  I wish someone did, but as it is our mornings are pretty quiet except for the sound of my windchimes.  I really like this set and so now that it's out I'm sure you'll see more, even though it's a retired set.  The "miracle" sentiment I used is what came from Peace Within, but Country Morning has a great sentiment too, but just wasn't what I wanted for today's card - with the miracle of that little chick!

I will list all of the supplies below, but note that you will need to substitute on stamp and slide, unless you have them from years past.  I'm sure you have retired items too and I hope my using them will encourage you to get into your stash and use it!  When I packed up my stamping supplies to move I realized I could stamp daily (8 hrs. a day) and not run out of stuff for probably my lifetime!  However, I like new things just like you do, so I won't stop buying, but I am trying to use up the old too! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Peace Within, Country Morning (Hostess 09/10 Retired)
Paper: Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Watercolor
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive and Misc. Markers with Watercolor Brush
Punches: Oval and Scallop Oval
Ribbon: Old Olive 3/8" Taffeta
Slide: Retired Hodge Podge Hardware
Embossing Folder - Woodgrain (Tim Holtz) - could use our woodgrain stamp for background

Now it's your turn, dig into your stash and make a card using some old and some new!

Happy Stamping,
Day 51
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...