Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 48 - An Experiment in Stamping

I felt a little adventurous today and so I tried something totally new, for me that is!  I had bought some stamps that were in a sheet to punch out and some of the little nooks and cranny pieces came out all by themselves in some very neat shapes.  They had the same backing on them, so I saved them to make a collage!  Today I pulled out one of my clear blocks and randomly placed the pieces on top.  I tried to make a square but I just placed them, in no particular order.  I took four markers out of my box (Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Cherry Cobbler) and began to color - again no order just did it!  Then I stamped it on an almost square piece of Whisper White card stock.  I liked the look and it had come out even enough that I decided I would pull out a stamp from the new SAB set So Happy for You and stamp all around the card.  I was pleased enough to continue!  I added a Bravo Burgundy piece behind for a layer, added that to a Melon Mambo layer and after punching two slots and tying some white organza ribbon through I used snail to adhere the entire top to a Blushing Bride card!

Now I really like the way the card came out, but unless I make more right now, I'll never see this exact design again!  Just think of the many variables with these little pieces of rubber.  I can stamp these in any color or group of colors, punch out hearts, circles or even a butterfly!  What fun to imagine the possibilities.  I'm thinking there may even be a stained glass window in here some where.  I will be playing with this for sure so you know you'll be seeing some other ideas soon.  If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know - I would love to try some of your ideas too!

I'm almost to 50 consecutive posts, just a couple of more and I'll be halfway through my 100 day blog challenge.  I don't know if I thought I could do this or not when I began this on January 2, but I'm finding I'm having fun!  My husband now asks me every evening if I have my card made or my post done.  It's become a part of my every day and is a great distraction to the other not so good stuff going on in my life.  God is good and I believe my doing this challenge was indeed set in motion by a God that already knew what was coming my way.  I love that I worship a God that has known me since before I was conceived and is never surprised by what comes my way.  As I look back over the last month or so, I can see how He was going ahead of me years ago.  I'm thankful for my God, my husband, daughter, granddaughter, friends and even crafting that are traveling this cancer journey with me!

Until tomorrow, Happy Stamping!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...