Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 40 - Happiness Shared

My post is late tonight as I had to make today's card in shifts.  I had a very busy day beginning with Bible Study this morning and ending this evening with a date with my husband.  We drove into town and went to a movie.  We are not movie people, so this was a very special date. Bill did a relay run in Oregon called "Hood to the Coast" in 2007.  Twelve people make up a team and they run a total of 197 miles from Mount Hood to the Oregon Coast.  The movie we saw was "Hood to the Coast" which showed much of the run and featured four teams.  It was really fun and a little bit familiar to me as we attended a wedding out there last summer and Bill took me on a scenic tour of the course.  The best part was just going out for an evening and enjoying our time together - I loved listening to him reminiscing about the time they had - but he ended with once was enough for him!

Now all of this fun caused me to make part of my card in the afternoon and finish the rest up when we got home!  So before it gets any later, here's today's card.  I haven't added a sentiment to the front because I'm not exactly sure if it's going to be a birthday card or not, so you can look at it and just imagine how it should be used.  I used the Happiness Shared stamp set.  The paper is Pirouette Pink and Rich Razzleberry and watercolor paper.  I colored the stamps with markers and filled in with watercolor brush and lighter color inks.  The colors I used are Rich Razzleberry, Pirouette Pink, Pear Pizzaz and River Rock.  I embossed the Rich Razzlebery textured paper with  Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  I think it's a very elegant card.

Now, I'm headed off to bed.  Doctor's appointment in the morning to determine treatment plan.  Please keep us in your prayers as we take the next step in this journey of healing.

Happy Stamping, see you tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...