Sunday, February 06, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Well it's Super Bowl Sunday and so I'm headed to the craft room.  That doesn't mean I won't watch the game as I have a TV in there and I wouldn't want to miss the commercials. I'm rooting for the Packers, but I learned a long time ago that whoever wins it will not change my life!  So on to creating a card.

I've been using Awash with Flowers a lot lately, but I just love this set.  It's funny because I owned it for a very, very long time before I ever opened the case, but I'm sure you've done that too.  More times than I can count I've ordered sets thinking I couldn't wait for them to get here, only to find they just don't fit into my current style or something, so they wait their turn in the cabinet!  I finally got this one out because one of my customers sent me a card and I really liked it, so out came the set!  Thanks Jeannette for the inspiration!

I also pulled out an old set I haven't used in a long time, Inspired by Nature.  I used the grasses to create my background and the largest flower from Awash with Flowers.  The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.  I raised up two of the flowers with dimensionals, but although I had cut out all three flowers, I decided to adhere one flat on the paper.  I punched out the sentiment with the Decorative Label Punch and raised it with dimensionals.  I colored the flowers with Rose Red, Melon Mambo and Regal Rose markers.  I colored the grass with a wide variety of green markers.  All of this could be altered to change the look of your card and in fact no two cards will ever be exactly alike.

I'm really pleased with this look and this is an easy card to make a stack of so you have them ready to go.  Just stamp your sentiment and punch it out when you know which one you need.  I usually leave mine blank otherwise I  have birthday cards when I need thank yous etc. etc.  I also save the inside to either stamp or write a note.

May your favorite team win and I'll see you tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...