Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 35 of 100 Day Blog Challenge! WooHoo!!!

I am so excited!  As you saw above it's day 35 - I'm  more than 1/3 of the way through my 100 day blog challenge! When I started I thought this would probably be one of the most difficult things I ever did, but I'm loving it!  Not only am I making more cards and other projects, but I'm finding that blogging daily is really quite fun. I still don't have many people reading or following me, but that doesn't seem to matter as much as it did, because I'm finding it's just fun to do.  And when someone does comment it's very special.

And so I move on into today's card.  I used two stamp sets today - Awash With Flowers and Sweet Little Sentiments (retired hostess set SS/09). I made a card similar to this just a couple of weeks ago with a vellum vase and Awash with Flowes, but I used an oval punch for that vase, and today I made the vase with the Ornament Punch with the bottom cut off.  I also ran it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and highlighting it with the Zig Painty silver paint. I like the Top Note as a backdrop for the vase and flowers.  I rounded the corners of the Elegant Eggplant and also the corners of the card base on right side.  I punched two small ovals of Elegant Eggplant to make the backing for the sentiment. 
Supplies: 
Stamps:  Awash With Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pirouette Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Vellum
Embellishments:  1/8" WW Taffeta Ribbon
Markers: Concord Crush, Garden Green, Perfect Plum, Red Rose, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Zig Painty (silver)
Other: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, Ornament Punch, 3/4" x 15/16" oval punch,  Corner Rounder Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Snail.


Although, these two cards were similar, I still achieved a very different look. I love how you can use so many of the same items and still get such different cards. Here's the first card, from Day 23 to show the differences.

This was a fun card to make and I just bet whoever receives it will enjoy receiving flowers in the mail. 
 
See you tomorrow -

Happy Stamping,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...