Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Calmness, Gratitude and Joy

This is a day filled with calmness, gratitude and an amazing joy!  Prayers have been answered and I got the best news ever this morning.  Many of you have been following my blog and know that I was diagnosed with breast cancer following a mammogram and biopsy in January.  God has gone before me in ways I could not imagine and has given me a calmness and peace that defies understanding.  He has brought new friends in and brought old friends back and I have never felt more love and I am filled with gratitude to such a loving God.  So that covers calmness and gratitude and now for joy!  The tests all came back good!  The lymph node was clear and the cancer had not spread into the tissue!  So what that means to me is no chemo, just radiation and frequent checkups!  Praise God! 

The one thing I would like to add to this is no one wants to go through chemo, but if that had been the outcome, I would still be praising God for traveling this journey with me!  Nothing would have changed except the treatment - I am thankful for the outcome, but I'm also thankful for all of the wonderful things that have come out of this journey - I will never be the same and that is a very, very good thing.

Now, after all of that, you will understand my card for tonight.  I don't know who Ralph H Blum is, perhaps I should have googled him, but I love this quote. "There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy." -Ralph H. Blum  This is a retired set, the milk bottles and quote are both from the same hostess set I used last night, "Country Morning."  The embossing folder is RAYS, by Tim Holtz, the papers are Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler and watercolor.  I used a variety of markers and the aqua painter for coloring.

Hope you enjoyed - just like I said last night - pull out some old sets and use them! They'll be like new - oh that's right -  for me this set was new I hadn't used it until last night!  What an idiot!  Great set, guess I was just waiting for the right time!

Happy Stamping and thanks again for the prayers,
Day 52
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...