Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 43 - Thanks So Much

What a beautiful Sunday!  We had 70 degrees and sunny skies - that's why I love Texas - cold one day 70 the next!  You just can't beat a day like today.  Bill and I worked out in the yard and got the rest of the rock work done around his building (Manland) and then took Jack (our Yorkie) with us on a drive in to town for a Dairy Queen, a stop at the post office and a tour of some back country roads.  We saw the momma and now almost full grown baby zebra.  I just love seeing these beautiful animals just a mile or so from our house.  Today I think I overheard one of the cows say to another, "Those must be California cows!"  :)


Now, on to my card for the day.  On Day 37 I made almost this exact same card, but I made another one and changed just a few things and although they look similar, they are different.  I love that you can design one card and then make a bunch of them changing them with ribbon, buttons, sentiment, punch or just color and have a fresh new card without rethinking the entire card.  Now that's what keeps me going because I just don't have that many original thoughts!


I used Blushing Bride for the card, Night of Navy for he second layer and Very Vanilla for the flower background.  I added a small flower along with the primary hydrangea from the set Because I Care.  I added a piece of 3/8" White Taffeta ribbon and the sentiment, Thanks So Much, is from Sincere Salutations.  I used the Decorative Label Punch, quickly becoming one of my favorite punches.  Remember you can check out the original idea on the Day 37 post if you want to see the similarities.

Now, I'm headed off for a quick snack, watch the last of The Grammy Awards and go to bed.  I've got a busy day ahead and I bet you do to, but don't let the business keep you from creating something.

Until tomorrow, Happy Stamping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...