Thursday, January 06, 2011

Day 5 - More Flowers

Here I am on day 5!  For those of you  who have followed my blog  know that five days in a row is an amazing feat!  There really isn't anything like accountability! 


A few months ago a group of us got together and made "melted" flowers!  These are made with a polyester fabric, that will melt with a heat gun.  We had a blast and tried all different arrangements and dies and I hope everyone is still making flowers.  We found we liked the flower folds die the best. This week I found a multicolor polyester fabric and had to give it a try. I used a small amount of the solid pink polyester from Ikea, but most of the layers were the multicolor.  Isn't this gorgeous?



This second shot is all of the layers cut out.  I used all four sizes from the die.  I just layered them on top of each other with a slight offset.





Here they are all in place with a brad in the center to hold them together.  The colors are so pretty even like this,l but the melting still has to be completed to achieve the ruffles. 


Here's the finished product!  I still need to add some embellishments, but I love the way the colors turned out.  These are fun flowers to make and so easy! They're a breeze to cut out with the Big Shot and then putting them together and melting the fabric is quick and easy.    Enjoy and see you tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...