Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 9 - Valentine Madness

Oh, I'm having fun now!  I know it's only January 10, but before you know it Valentine's Day will be here and so I'm playing around with different ideas.  Around the first of this month I posted a valentine mostly done with punches and today I'm using my newest die - Fun Flowers and the Lots of Love letterpress!

I made the design on the background paper with the letterpress and the Big Shot.  This did not do a deep impression, but rather just gave me a good impression, which is what I was looking for in this application.  I used the newest die (same as yesterday) for the flower and added a small heart in the center of the finished flower.  I used Pirouette Pink and Real for my colors along with Whisper White.  I just heard the other day that red is the only color family that every color in it will blend together.  One of the White House Christmas trees was decorated in all shades of red from the palest pink to the brightest of reds and it was gorgeous.  So, I took this Valentine opportunity to use two of my favorite colors. I may do this again and use the red and pink for the flower and see how it looks, the possibilities are endless!


I rolled the petals with a bone folder to give them the added dimension and tied a ribbon around to spice it up a bit.  I hope you enjoy this card and come back tomorrow to see what I've made next.  This every day crafting is really a lot of fun - way more than I thought and it's also very stimulating for the creative side of my brain!  I'm already thinking about the possibilities  - got to run - I think I've got an idea! 

Supplies:
Paper: Real Red, Pirouette Pink, Whisper White
Ink:  Read Red (Craft)
Die:  Fun Flowers
Ribbon:  Read Red 5/8" Satin
Lots of Love Letterpress (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Heart to Heart Punch (small heart)
Big Shot
Dimensionals

Until tomorrow - happy crafting!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...