Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21 - Be My Valentine

Can you believe it?  I'm even surprised, but then why did I take the challenge if I didn't think I would or could do it?  Well, there's really is something about telling the world you're going to do something to keep you honest! I must say that now at the three week, 21 day post I really can't imagine not doing it.  Now, when it comes to making a different card etc. everyday, that's a little more difficult.  But even that is very stimulating and the one day I used a December card I was very disappointed in myself.  I'm going to try to make it to the 100 days with only items I'm currently making.

Do not be surprised, however, to find that some painting or sewing or something else begins to pop up as like many of you I love a lot of different mediums.  I would also love some comments.  They can be good or bad or just tell me what you're doing, but I would like to know someone is reading my blog!  This is sort of like radio, you just keep talking and have faith someone is listening.

For Day 21 I used the new Be My Valentine stamp.  This is a single stamp on the last page of the Mini Occasions Catalog.  I dressed it up with a few pearls from the jewels collection on pg. 188 of the 2010-11 IBC.  For a mere $4.95 you get 150 pearls - 50 each of three different sizes. 

I inked the size D clear block to make the Blushing Bride background behind the Valentine stamp - I love doing this because it gives an interesting background, solid but not, if you know what I mean.  Every time you stamp it will be different.  This works great with a solid stamp.

Supplies: All Stampin' Up except Corner Chomper

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler
Ribbon:  Petty in Pink Taffeta
Basic Pearls Jewels
Clear Block (D)
Crop a  Dile Corner Chomper (Deco) (non SU item)

See you tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...