Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 13! Take a spin for your birthday!

Good Morning (CST) - Can't believe I'm posting before 11 PM - What a great day to craft a card! So thankful to be able to start my day stamping!

This is a brand new set from Stampin' Up! It's in the new Mini Occasions catalog (pg. 10) and it is fun and so very versatile.  It comes as a two box set for $20.95. The spinner hands are sold separately for a very reasonable $3.95 for a set of 12. 



Now for my card - I have a sweet young friend who is like a daughter to me - her mom was one of my best friends and when she passed away a few years ago I grabbed Kim as my own!  She is very special and full of life and fun so I thought she would enjoy this card.  I know I would love for someone to suggest I eat cake!  I hope it lands back on this when she takes a spin, but all of them are fun suggestions so you really can't go wrong.


Next I had to decorate the inside - it's hard to stamp on black, so I layered the inside too and used stamps from three more sets.  All of the supplies will be listed at the end.  Note this is a 5" square card.


The inside is stamped with a great cake to carry on the "eat a piece of cake" theme from the front and reminds her that this is no day to eat just a sliver!

Now for the supplies:

Stamps:  Take a Spin
              Birthday Bakery
              On Your Birthday
              Happy Moments
Paper:    Basic Black
              Melon Mambo
             Whisper White
Ink:       Melon Mambo
             Basic Black
Embellishments:   Game Spinner Hands
Markers:   Melon Mambo
                 Pirouette Pink
                 Daffodil Yellow
                 Silver Pen for cake plate (not SU)

Hope you enjoyed - see you tomorrow for Day 14!                           

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...