Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 15 - Sympanthy

Tonight's card was a sad but easy choice as I needed a sympathy card.  A new friend passed away this week.  She was one of the first people I spoke to in our new community and the secretary for our HOA.  She will be greatly missed by our entire community and I wanted a card for her husband and family.

One of my favorite sets for sympathy cards is Thoughts and Prayers.  This is such a versatile set and is a simple kind of elegance.  I use two embossing folders to make the back ground.  This is one piece of paper with each half embossed in a different folder.  I placed a thin strip of the background color across the seam line.  I think this is a fun way to make interesting backgrounds.

Supplies:
Stamp:  Thoughts & Prayers
Paper:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede
Markers: Pear Pizzaz, Early Expresso
Embossing Folders: Square Lattice, Vintage Wallpaper
Tools:  Distressing Tool , Sponge, Snail, Dimensionals

See you tomorrow,

Happy Stamping
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...