Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 28 - Happy Birthday One Cupcake at a Time

This will be a quick post tonight - we had a very busy day at the Houston Marathon Expo and lunch with friends in from Chicago and Columbus. We ate at Jim Goode BBQ and got our fill of brisket and ribs, along with some jalapeno cheese bread and, of course, pecan pie!

All of this walking and eating left me tired, but when I arrived in my craft room to do today's project I had to take time to clean and organize. Making something everyday allows me to make quite a mess, so every couple of days I have to dig in and put everything back in it 's place. Once I had things in order I made a birthday card - using the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set.

So let's get started with the card:

Measurements:
Card - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Marina Mist Layer - 4 x 5 1/4
Silver Layer - 3 5/8 x 5 1/8
Whisper White Layer - 3 1/8 x 4 5/8

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my cupcakes and stamped them with Basic Black on Whisper White paper. I used markers to color in the cupcakes and a Silver Zig Painty for the plates. The sentiment was stamped with Pacific Point.

Supplies:
Paper: Mambo Melon, Marina Mist, Silver, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point
Markers: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, Pirouette Pink, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, River Rock
Stamp Sets: Crazy for Cupcakes, Sweet Little Sentiments (Hostess Level 1 SS 2009)

Hope this encouraged you to pull out some stamps, some markers and create a card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...