Monday, January 03, 2011

Felting Fun

Day 2!  Well, ladies and gents you thought I might drop out all ready, but this challenge is going to last!  Haha!  Remember the words resolve and intentional!

Today I decided to go in a different direction.  I love making decorative felt pieces to make pins or "whatevers" and so I pulled out a piece of white felted wool and began to free form felt roving, ribbons and yarn on to it.  Well this is what I have so far.  I'm sure I'll add a little more before I put it on my Flower Folds die tomorrow and make a flower, but this is my current days creative piece.  I love doing this and sometimes take it way too far!  But if you're cutting up the piece to make further decorative pieces, can you even go too far.  In fact this piece is lacking some glitter, so I will snap the finished piece and the cut pieces tomorrow along with the flower.

I love needle felting so much that I got a Babylock embellisher at the quilt show this year.  I'm far from understanding all of the nuances, but love playing.  I haave always used the single needle or the handheld  multi needle felter, but this has 12 needles going up and down at one time!  Much faster and I cqn integrate much moe into the mix.  You will be seeing much more of this in the coming weeks! Tomorrow you will see how I use it!

Happy Creating!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...