Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 14 - Journal

Today, I decided to make a journal for a friend for her birthday.  I recently got a Cinch and so I was able to make this from scratch; however, rather than use the wires I used ribbons.   I also used retired paper, Walk in the Park.  This retired several years ago, but sometimes we just have to pull out paper and use it.  Doesn't do any good to keep it in a closet! 

I glued the paper to the chipboard and then punched the holes.  I cut Very Vanilla paper 5x7.5 to fit in the cover and punched the holes.  I used a variety of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to make the ties.




I love the way the book looks on the inside with the ribbons .


So, my plan is to put some flowers or other embellishments on the front, but as I was clipping ribbon I snipped my finger and so it was all I could do to finish the ribbons today.  I still think it counts as my craft of the day!  I'll take more pictures when it's complete.
Go through your old papers, embellishments and make something fun today, well as late as this is tomorrow would be a better idea! 

See you tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...