Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 10 - Black and White

Day 10!  Wow, who would have ever thought I would actually post 10 consecutive days.  Well, I have and it's a challenge, but it's also keeping me in my craft room and stimulating my creativity.

Today I made some small Valentine treat bags.  I must admit that the paper isn't Stampin' Up it's actually Christmas paper that I bought the day after Christmas.  The moment I saw it I saw crafting with it.  Actually black and white would never be my choice for Christmas, but it had crafting written all over it!  I love how they turned out and I hope you enjoy them too.

For the first bag I used the scallop bag die to make the bag and then cut a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit the front of the bag.  I punched out a heart using the movers and shapers heart die and sponged the edges with real red ink.  I used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit for the red heart, tied a ribbon on it with the new Whisper White 1/8" taffeta ribbon and put some chocolate treats inside!  Treat bag complete.

For the second bag I used the same paper and die, but only added a white scallop on the front to add some interest.  This was punched with the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch and Whisper White cardstock.  I added some kisses and tied a ribbon with the 3/8"  taffeta ribbon.

Now after I was all ready to post these fun little bags, I discovered this die has retired.  I didn't realize that when I started the project, but since I've made a commitment to create and post each day I had to keep on going.  I hope for those of you who also own this die you will enjoy the inspiration.  For those of you who don't, we have several similar dies for making great Valentine treat bags and boxes.  Of course, I normally would use Stampin' Up cardstock, but these are treat bags that aren't meant to last a life time, so I had fun with this funky paper.  Don't be afraid to experiment - just as long as you are sure you use acid free paper for any treasures you plan to keep, especially scrapbooks.

Well, I don't know what I'll have for you tomorrow, but I will have fun planning and making something and you will be surprised when it appears. Until tomorrow - happy crafting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...