Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sock Monkey or not?

What a night!  I'm telling you I've thought every thought and looked at every stamp set and tried a dozen different things and I really don't have much to show you, except that this doesn't always come very easily.  And tonight that's an understatement. The first thing I did was make a sock monkey and cut it out.  I wanted to use the stamp thanks a bunch from the same set and so I stamped and colored bananas and cut them out.  I needed a background and then I decided I didn't like the colors on this monkey, so I set him and his bananas aside. 

But I then had the idea to do a background using my brayer, so I cut a mask and began to "bray."  I liked my background and added the grass and then the real trouble began. 




I stamped and cut out a turtle, but didn't really like it. 













Then I stamped and cut out a bird, but didn't really like it.














Then I stamped a pheasant and cut it out and, well, you know I really didn't like it. 






So I pulled out the sets C is for Cat and D is for Dog and tried them, alone and together and you guessed it, I really didn't like them either. 



Finally I put the Sock Monkey and his bananas on the the card and there we are!  I didn't glue him down, so at this point, who knows how this card will turn out! I've created and created, but really don't have anything finished, but it's day 73 and I've posted all of my possibilities and can't wait now until Day 74 - it's got to be better!

What I want everyone to learn from this is, that everyone has stampers block at some point - you just keep trying and then you put everything away and come back another day!

Happy Stamping,


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...