Friday, March 11, 2011

Bluebonnet Beds

Today ends a week of early rising and lots of gardening!  I spent two days this week cleaning out beds at our old house as we prepare to sell it.  Spring is always a time of major cutting back of grasses and cleaning out beds, but with two houses it has taken on a life of it's own. 

Earlier this week I posted pictures of my work in Bellaire as my creation and tonight I'm doing something similar. The bluebonnets we planted a number of years ago come back every year and they're beautiful right now.  They always seem to bloom earlier than the ones out in the countryside.  They say they will be sparse this year because of the drought, but in the city with regular watering this year they are beautiful.  Many of the them were growing in the grass that needed to be cut and so I dug them up and transplanted them to beds at our new house.

I don't know if they'll grow and survive out here, but I'm hoping they will and so tonight you get to see the beds I planted.  I will keep you updated on the bluebonnet progress.


This is the end of very long week and so I close with a wish that everyone will have a fun and restful weekend.   See you tomorrow with some crafty little something!


Day 69
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...