Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Boy

Ths is Day 60 of my 100 day blog challenge!  I just can't believe I've stuck to this!  I've learned a lot about crafting under duress! (laugh)  Actually, this has been an amazing exercise in perserverence and has challenged me in lots of ways, but on to today's card.

I have a darling little friend who will be turning one in April and so I just thought I'd make him a card.  I used the SAB  Punch Bunch set, Sock Monkey, and  Look Who's Turning.  The set Look Who'sTurning has some really cute little animal stamps, but I just love this owl so I just used the sentiment from the set. I pulled out some stars from an old on board set, colored them with a marker and outlined them with a silver ziggy pen.  I used my Sizzix Alphabet Simple Numbers Dies to punch out the 1.  The Crumb Cake circle was cut with the new 3 1/2" circle die, the branches were punched from the Two Step Bird X-Lg Punch and the owl was punched out with the two step owl punch. Card base is Baja Breeze as is the DSP, however, the DSP is retired.  Once again, I have to use what I've got - so you will see retired items, but there's always something current that you can use instead.  So this will be little Hunter's card and I hope he will like it!  Of course, with almost another month to go there may be still something else made for him - he's so cool he probably deserves several cards from his grand - ma- ma!

Until tomorrow - happy stamping!

Day 60
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...