Sunday, March 06, 2011

Nature Walk

Good Sunday Evening,

I had an amazing day beginning with church and ending with dinner with long time friends.  The middle was filled with lots of very hard work, but we accomplished so much it turned out to be a very, very good day.

Tonight when I sat down to make a card I first decided I wanted to make another Joy Fold Card and then I started looking at stamps.  I just received a box Friday from Stampin' Up and so I chose Nature Walk.  I have avoided this set for a long time, but finally gave in and I'm so glad. Every stamp in the set is fabulous, but tonight I wanted to use the bird and birdcage as my main stamps, but ended up adding in the plant and the bee and the no. 147.  When I'm making a Joy Fold card I use DSP, but I didn't have one that really looked good with these stamps so I decided to make my own.  I chose Whisper White as the background paper and began to stamp using Crumb Cake.  I stamped off on each stamp for the paper, except for the birdcage and even stamped it off on some of the parts.  I guess I could have make a large piece and then cut it, but I chose to cut my paper to size and then stamp them.  Finally I stamped the bird using Early Espresso and colored it in with the Crumb Cake and Peach Parfait markers. I chose Early Espresso and Crumb Cake as my two card stocks. The inside sentiment was from the set Word Play, but any stamp could work.  I really enjoyed making the paper, but I will admit that it wasn't all done with the first try!  Sometimes, not even the second, but still great fun and I love that it's my design.  This set made doing this so easy - just great stamps.

So, enjoy and pull out some stamps and make some paper!

Day 64 of 100
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...