Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tri-shutter card #2

I titled this blog post tri-shutter card #2, but actually this is the first one I made. I'm posting it later because it was a birthday card and I wanted to be sure it had been opened before I posted it to my blog.

As I told you yesterday I got the idea from Dayanna Donng when I saw it on her blog, but when I looked for instructions I found the layout for this one. I wanted to make a very special birthday card and so I jumped off the cliff and tried what I thought would be a very difficult card to make. Like I said yesterday, much to my surprise it looks much more difficult than it is. I was so new to this card that I didn't stop and see the difference in size in the panels until I was finished with the card and starting to put on the embellishments! Both cards are fun to make and although they're very different in looks I think they both are beautiful cards. I know this is the just the first of many of these cards. I already have my eye on a new paper for a sophisticated card, but for now we will wait until my next order. Thank God September is just around the corner as I've met my limit for August! LOL Stop laughing - I have a limit! Honest, I really do.



I used Tea Party DSP for this card, the flower is from the Pretties Kit (colored with Barely Banana marker), the butterflies were made with our wonderful and exclusive to Stampin' Up! butterfly punch and one of my favorite stamps from On Your Birthday - Live, Laugh & Love!

Hope you enjoy the card and I hope Sarah had a wonderful birthday!

Happy Stamping,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...