Monday, August 24, 2009

Flores suaves

I'm featuring a stamp set from our Hispanic catalog and idea book, celebrando creatividad, called Flores suaves. I love butterflies, bees and roses and this set has them all! For this card I chose the butterfly and the background stamp with writing on it. Unfortunately I don't know what it says, so I'm just hoping it goes with birthday! LOL It's stamped very faintly on the card, just to add interest so I'm sure it will be fine. I stamped the butterflies on watercolor paper using our black craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then used my aqua brush and watercolor crayons, yoyo yellow, ruby red and chocolate chip to color in the butterflies. As many of you know I love to cut out, so yes the butterflies were cut out using my paper snips and applied to the card using dimensionals. I stacked them for the top butterfly to lift it up even higher. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday, layered with the large and scalloped oval punches. The paper is Dusty Durango and Razzleberry Lemonade DSP.

I created this card from a sketch on SUDSOL today - Darla used for her Chat & Challenge. I join in on this as often as I can - it's fun to visit with other demos and it's always good to have a challenge. Try it yourself - find a card in the IBC and try to make it. Pick your own colors, paper and stamps, but use the layout. You will be amazed at how different your card will look and how it will give you that extra push to try something new. Work from my card today - but most of all have fun!

Happy Stamping,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...