Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Rose is a Rose!

I don’t know about you, but there are times I see a stamp set and I just can’t wait to get it and then for some reason I wait a very long time to make the actual purchase. Well, I did that with A Rose is A Rose (pg. 99 - IBC.) To make matters worse, when it finally arrived I put the rubber on the wood and put the stamp set on the shelf. I must admit all of those pieces (it’s a two-step set) scared me a little.

Finally last week I got it out. I used a template from Mary Director for the Joy Fold Card to make this wonderful fold out card. She used Animal Stories and the coordinating Tall Tales DSP (pg. 181 – IBC) and my card was for an adult, so when I started thinking about stamps I was drawn to this beautiful rose set. Surprisingly, it was much easier to use than I thought it would be and with the Staqmp-a-ma-jig, the pieces lined up easily. If you don’t have the Stamp-a-ma-jig, (pg.191 – IBC) order one! You can place an order with me or your favorite demo, but it will make your life so much easier!

Now on to the card! The first thing you may notice is the paper color. Yes, both the green (kiwi kiss) and the pink (pirouette pink) and Bella Rose DSP are retired, but the recipient is a club member and these are some of her favorite colors and so I used them for her card! I may not demo with them any more, but I can still use them for friends and family!

This card was so much easier to make than I expected it to be and makes a wonderful presentation. The best part is you can change it’s look to be right for anyone at any age. I used one of my favorite sentiments from On Your Birthday (pg. 139 – IBC). This is a very versatile set!

Now it's your turn! Pull out a stamp set you knew you would love, but haven't used and use it! Copy this layout or find one you like more, but use those stamps - get ink on that rubber and discover the reason you bought the stamps in the first place - and most of all have fun!

Happy Stamping,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...