Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Several days ago I mentioned an anniversary card using some retired stamp sets and here it is. For those of you who have these sets you will enjoy a new way to use them; however, they are sentiments so perhaps you have these words in other sets. My best friend and I met 35 years ago - shortly after I moved to Houston. I was in her wedding and amazingly they just celebrated their 31st anniversary. Not amazing that they're still married (LOL), but amazing that it's been 31 years!

My mom always told me that anniversaries were more private celebrations than public ones, but since I was in this wedding I try to remember it each year. This is the card I made for them. I used Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White and Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. I used the calendar and the heart from Mark the Date, the month came from Full Calendar, the numbers are from Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Love on the outside of the card and Celebrate on the inside are both from the retired set All about U and the congratulations on the inside is from one of this year's Sale-a-bration sets. I used the Rich Razzleberry polka-dot ribbon and the Heart to Heart punch. I thought the punch was a really great touch. I used the Scallop Oval punch and the movers and shapers matching die for the love and celebrate.
I don't get rid of my retired sets. They aren't that old since I've only been a demo for a little more than two years and I got them because I liked them. Eventually I'll have to part with some of them for space purposes but that will be a very sad day. For now I just crowd them in and am happy to use them when I can. My challenge to you today is to pull out an old set you haven't used for a long time and make a card! You'll be glad you spent time with an old friend.
Happy Stamping,


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...