Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fashionably Late

I know I promised an anniversary card, but I want to be sure it's been received before I post it, so it will be a couple of days.

Today I want to feature a birthday card using the Humor in High Heels stamp set. This card was CASED (copied and selectively edited) from our 2009-10 Idea Book and Catalog. This is a fun set with so many different combinations, but I was late for a birthday this week, so I used the "I didn't forget your birthday, I'm just fashionably late. I stamped the dress on Razzleberry Lemonade DSP and cut it out, cutting of the hanger. I stamped the dress again on Dusty Durango and placed the cut out dress on top with dimensionals. The card is Crushed Curry, one of the in-colors for 2009-10 and Old Olive for the strip on the bottom punched with the eyelet border punch. Sentiment stamped on Whisper White and edges torn and highlighted with Dusty Durango Ink using a sponge dauber. The finishing touch - Crushed Curry polka dot ribbon. A fun card - that helps make up for being late!





We made the same card at our August club, using much more neutral colors. We used So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla - same card, different colors - different look. The dress on this card used the So Saffron DSP and we added a little bling with a rhinestone brad for a belt decoration. I love how you can change a card so much by the color choices! I really like this set and you will be seeing more.

Be happy - make a card, make someone else happy - send a card!

Later . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...