Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

I had an idea yesterday to use the fabulous lattice die (pg. 198 Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog) and then punch out a design, well that fell flat as a pancake! But I just couldn't give up - I kept playing with the punched out lattice and began to cut it into shapes. Now I had some great shapes, but what to do with them?

Suddenly I thought of decorating Christmas tree ornaments. So I got out my Circle Scissors Plus(pg. 199 IBC) and cut a 3" and a 3 1/2" circle for the ornament base shape. I ran brushed silver paper (pg. 159 IBC) though my crimper (pg. 188 IBC) and then used the round tab punch (pg. 187 IBC) to make the top of the ornament. I placed my various shapes on the round circle. Glued on the top, punched a hole and used silver cord for the tie. Here are the results. The paper colors are Night of Navy, Real Red and Rich Razzleberry. I think they're pretty cool and I use all handmade ornaments on my tree so this will be a great new addition for this year. Now as a disclaimer, if someone else has already done this, please forgive me for taking credit. I know I've seen the ornament shape, but I think I thought of the lattice design - if not, please let me know so proper credit can be given!

I included a picture of the lattice in the shot so you can see how I cut it. I will be using just the lattice with a hanger as part of my ornaments - it is beautiful by itself.

My next set will be made with the Brushed Gold cardstock (pg. 159 IBC) and some different colors and I'm going to make a card with this design. Check back tomorrow for the next edition.

I will also post a cutting tutorial with pictures soon. Must take the pictures and time is short today!

Happy Stamping . . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...