Sunday, August 23, 2009

Build-a-Roo

Build-a-Roo is one of the cutest sets in the new IBC - I knew I had to have it immediately when I saw this momma and her baby. This set is from the Australia catalog and I'm so glad Stampin' Up! let us have it here in the US too.

It is what is known as a two-step stamping set - meaning you use two stamps to complete your image. This set comes with some really cute combos, flowers, hearts and a baby roo. There's a single heart, flower and gift that could be put in the roo's paw. I used the baby roo and the peek-a-boo-someone new! for a friend who recently had a new baby. You see how the big roo has her arms outstretched - well, there's a I love you this much stamp you can use with that and some hearts to be in her pocket! How cute is that? So this is a versatile set. I cased the idea from our current IBC, you can see the original on pg. 63. I used So Saffron , Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue (looks different in picture) for my card colors. Ribbons are chocolate chip 1/2" grosgrain and So Saffron striped grosgrain. I used watercolor paper for the roo and cut her and her joey out separately. I adhered her joey with dimensionals so he/she popped out away from her, but still was in the pocket. This is a fun set to work with - you might want to think about adding it to your wish list!

Keep your eyes on my blog for more roo cards in the near future.

Happy Stamping,


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...