Friday, August 07, 2009

Christmas Gift Tags

I don't know about you, but I'm looking for creative gifts for this holiday season. The moment I saw the tag box on pg. 14 of the IBC, I knew I had to make it and the tags. The stamp set I used is a level 2 hostess gift, Christmas Punch. There are seven stamps in this set including a to: and from: that I stamped on the back of each tag. (Remember you can hold a workshop and sales reach $300 this set can be yours)

As I said I got the idea from our Idea Book and Catalog, but then it was finding he pattern for the box. My box is actually made from three parts - the box is a very simple box I got from a pattern from Stampin' Up! The dividers are from a tutorial from Valerie Stangle - see her entire box tutorial at http://valeriestangle.blogspot.com/2009/07/whispy-blooms-tag-box.html. Her design for the dividers is fabulous and uses a minimal amount of paper. In fact, wih my box pattern and her dividers I made my box only using one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock and I got three tops from one sheet of designer series paper! The only other part of the box top is a 4" piece of clear window sheet for the box wrapper. I cased the wrapper idea from our Match box die - really easy to make. I wanted everyone to be able to see what was in the box, thus the window sheet and four squares made with our 1-3/8" square punch.

I stamped the tags using pads for the solid colors and markers for the red and green, adding a touch of orange to the snowman's carrot nose. I punched a 1/16" hole and used silver elastic cord with two of the designs and linen thread with the other two.

I slid the box into the wrapper and tied a piece of 1/4" real red grosgrain ribbon around the box and added a gift tag of my own. I tied the ribbon in a direction that it doesn't come off when the box is opened.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Christmas tag box and please act surprised if you are one of my friends that receives a little box for Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...