Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Spring Flowers

Last night I made a flower card and I've done it again tonight!.  I think because it's spring I want to celebrate all of the flowers that are popping up every where I look.  I live out in the country and my yard is filled with a wide variety of wildflowers (aka weeds).  To me they're all pretty.  A long time ago I ask my landscaper if something was a weed and he responded with the question, "Do you like it?"  When I replied that I did in fact like it, he said then it's not a weed!  I laughed, but now I know he was telling me the truth.


But on to tonight's card.  At this late time in my 100 day challenge I'm looking for inspiration and have discovered that the best way to come up with a card is to look through the IBC (Idea Book and Catalog), find a card I like and CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) it.  And so once again tonight that's just what I did and the card I used as my inspiration can be found on page 155. 


I used Crumb Cake for the base card and the two layers are Confetti White and Baja Breeze.  The flower is cut with the Big Shot using the Island Floral Die in poppy Parade, DSP Pack Hostess set in Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Whisper White with a Baja Breeze center.  The brad is retired, but we currently have others that would fill the bill.  I stamped the sentiment from Upsy Daisy and used the scallop oval punch and sponged the edges to make it jump off the front.  This was another really quick and easy card.  Our catalog really is an Idea Book - I would be in real trouble on Day 94 without it's inspiration. Pull yours out, whether it's a current one or five years old.  You can always change up the colors and stamp sets to make it current.  On this card I changed the sentiment set, colors and brad.  I made it my card and used what I had on hand, now it's you're turn.

Hope you enjoy!  See you tomorrow for Day 95....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...