Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May Club

It's been a week since I've posted so I blew it on my every day this month post! Oh, well - I've learned a lesson. I won't say anything about doing that in June! LOL

Now on to my post. Two stamp sets have recently become two of my favorites. Bloomin' Beautiful and Embrace Life are both used for the flowers on this card. Beautiful Borders was used along the left side to add some interest. The bee was printed on WC paper and cut out, I cut around the antenae, but not the legs! LOL Both of these sets are available in the current catalog. The "thank you" is from Short & Sweet, a very economical, but versaitle stamp set. I used Regal Rose and Always Artichoke markers to stamp the flowers and filled in with Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery with my aqua painter. The water washes out some of the lines and gives it a real watercolor look. I love tearing paper and WC paper tears so well and then a simple roll at the top to give dimension. Dampen the corner of the paper before you roll and it's so much easier and dries into a tight roll. The card is Pretty in Pink with Kiwi Kiss as the second layer. Always Artichoke is used for the sentiment. Easy and elegant - Enjoy!

Have a great Memorial Day and see you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...