Thursday, May 28, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge - May

Last night was Christmas Card Challenge at my house. Only four of us were in attendance - one had a husband in need and one was in Arkansas, but the remaining four of us worked like wild women and got our cards made for the month! Mine was CASED from Jill S. (at this time that's all I know - further links etc. will follow when available). Anyway, I haven't decided yet the sentiment on the inside of the card, but I love the front! The stop sign is from the stamp set - It's a Sign, pg. 138, $30.95 in the current catalog. I used Shimmery White Paper and you can't see it in the picture, but it gives quite a sparkle to the snow and the night sky. I stamped the stop signs in real red and then decided I wanted them embossed, so I covered them with my VersaMark pen and clear embossing powder. The moon is brushed silver. Punches for this card are: 1 1/4" square (chimney) 1 1/4" circle (moon) 5 petal flower (Santa legs) Horizontal Slot (boots/feet) Scallop Square - modification (snow on chimney), bricks were drawn with gel pen, sign post cut free hand. Making this card was so much fun - punching out all of the parts and then assembling them. The night sky was done with Pacific Point stamp pad and my trusty brayer! Give this card a try it's fun, fun, fun. Can't wait to see what I choose for next month - it will have to be good to top this one. Thanks Jill S. for your talent and your sharing!
If you haven't started your Christmas - now is a good time to start - December will be so much more fun if all you have to do is address them!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...