Saturday, April 18, 2009

Flower Pot Pop Up Card Instructions

Thank you so much for the accolades for my "flowers for mother" card. A number of you have requested instructions so I'm going to provide you with the link. I wish I could claim to be the brains behind the flower pot, but I only followed instructions. I made this card as a part of the splitcoaststampers Monday technique challenge. I changed up the flowers and I sponged the flowerpot to make it look like it had moss on it. I used my Big Shot and the embosslit dies; Cherry Blossom, Flower Burst and Simple Flower. The leaves are the embosslit Sweetest Stem. All of these are exclusive to Stampin' Up! I used markers and my blender pen as well as stamp pads and sponge daubers to color the flowers and the flower pot. I got my rhinestones for the flower centers from the fire rhinestone brads. They pop out real easily and then I glued them on with glue dots. I just arranged the flowers and leaves with dimensionals in a pattern that pleased me and then I called it done!

This was part of a SCS challenge based on a card by Stephanie Luman. Here is the link to the challenge:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430471&highlight=tlc215

and here is the link to the instructions on Stephanie's blog:

http://sluman.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/01/25/flower-pot-pocket-card


I hope you will enjoy making yours as much as I did and thanks again for the praise.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...