Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Card Games & Birthday Tie

I need a birthday card for my husband and as I looked through my many stamp sets I ran across Card Games. This is a new set for me and so I put it together and made him King for a Day! I used the Enjoy Every Moment set for the inside and of course a Happy Birthday stamp and I don't remember which set it came from - this is a sign of too many stamps! So here's the card - front and inside! I used Kraft, Black and Parisian Breeze DSP - the buttons are the fabulous corderouy brads in Kraft.

This stamp set also has cards that say you make me laugh (joker) and Queen of Everything! If I was making myself a card it would be perfect, but that would also be pretty strange - so maybe I just need to loan it out - lol.

Of course, one card is not enough - so the other card I made him was a tie! I cut out a pattern and made the tie from the fabulous Parisian Breeze specialty paper. It's cardstock rather than paper, but double sided and just wonderful. Bill has always loved ties and so I thought this was a perfect card. I'm sure others have made a pattern long before me, but this was my own idea and my own pattern. I used a clip from SU (now retired) and the greeting on the front was the Birthday Wish stamp from page 208 in the SU catalog. It's just $6.95 or free with any order of $40.00 or more from the mini occasion catalogue through tomorrow! This special ends 4/30 so if you want to order and get one of the sets on 208 free you must place your order on line or call me before midnight tomorrow 4/30!



Inside I used the ballon from Crazy for Cupcakes and It's your day from the On Your Birthday set. I should have taken the photo before I wrote my note, but now you all know I love him! I made the paper to wrap his package (you will see it later) and got up with him at 3:30 a.m. to say Happy Birthday as he left for Canada for three days!

Oh, and I had to make a custom envelope - might not have passed USPS inspection but for hand delivery it worked quite well. First thing he said was WOW you made the envelope!

Enjoy the cards and rember you can order 24/7 online or call me anytime. Some fun new watercolor flowers will be added tomorrow. See you then.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...