Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Flowers

Happy Monday,

What a beautiful day - after a weekend of dark skies and rain we are blessed with a day filled with sunshine and cool breezes.

My post today is a card I've made for a friends birthday - hopefully she won't see this before she gets it (l0l) but if she does I think she'll still be surprised when it arrives in her mailbox.

I'm on a roll with flowers and love my flower pot card, but last night looking at old pictures of cards past I saw one made with the small oval punch used as a vase and I thought what can I do to update that card. Well here it is! If you can punch and have a Big Shot you can make it in a breeze - so here are the basic instructions.

Pick out your card colors and then a color for your vase and flowers and you're ready to go. I used the wide oval punch for the vase and put just a little shading on the sides to give it some depth. Then I punched out four sets of "little leaves" - it's a sizzlits die, using my Big Shot. I used two different colors for the leaves. I place them behind the vase - oh yes, I used dimensionals to adhere the vase and I only put them in the middle leaving the sides loose and I used both snail adhesive and dimensionals to adhere the leaves. I left many of them flying in the breeze to give the 3D effect. I punched out three flowers using the Boho Blossom punch. I chose Summer Sun for the bright color and chose not to add a center to keep them abstract and simple. I used the word punch for the greeting and Happy Birthday is from the new Very Versatile stamp set currently available in the mini occasion catalog. I used the eyelet border punch down the side of the base paper and it's done! Now you can't deny that's easy, but gives quite an impact.

If you have any questions about the materials I used or would like to place an order you can call me direct, email me or remember ordering on line is 24/7.

Hope you enjoyed - now it's your turn.

Happy Stamping,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...