Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

We're having a very quiet NYE - watching the celebrations on TV, reading books and making thank you cards.

For nearly 20+ years we had an open house every New Year's Day. Blackeyed peas, pork, saurkrauat and cornbread - with 40-60 people coming and going during the day. Last year we ended the tradition as Bill was out of town up to the last minute. We enjoyed our day so much we decided to put the open house on h old for at least a few more years. Maybe we will do it again, but for right now it's nice to just sit back and contemplate the upcoming year.

I will be going to Michael's too! There's a 20% off all purchases tomorrow only and I might as well see if there's something I can't live without and, of course, what would it be without a mocha from Starbucks. I will be cooking a pork tenderlooin with veggies, blackeyed peas ( a must ) and cole slaw = but it will be in small amounts compared to years past!

Hopefully, I will talk to my daughter and friends on the phone during the day wishing everyone a happy New Year and then Friday, it's back to normal! We begin another year for real. I have often made resolutions, usually about losing weight or some other self improvement thing - those still need to be made, but mostly I want to just be a nicer person - I want to be a little more thoughtful, a little more kind and hopefully bless every path I cross - loving everyone a little bit more including myself.

Good night and Happy New Year - See you in 2009
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...