Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

It's two days after Christmas and as I reflect on this holiday I find it was quite different from those past.

The differences began with our tree. I used all Stampin' Up decorations. Ones I made from the holiday kits. I also made lots of fabulous snow flakes with the Big Shot and the snowflake die. As I said in an earlier blog, I loved the old time feeling it gave me. I really didn't miss all the glitter and glitz and will keep these ornaments and add to them next year.

I finally discovered a great way to display my Christmas cards - a Christmas card tree and added to it every day. Finally, a way we could enjoy every card that arrived.

On the not so good side, my sweet Bill (husband) was not feeling at all well. We did go to his mother's house a couple of days before Christmas, but no hugs were allowed so we didn't chance sharing the "gift" of the flu. That's one gift no one seems to want. We did get to see our niece and nephew play with the gifts we gave them and had a short but nice visit.

We went to church Christmas Eve, but it was to the 5:00 pm service with my mom. Bill and I always go back for the 11:00 service, but this year he felt to bad so we stayed home and went to bed early. We slept late Christmas Day, opened gifts late, ate breakfast and spent the rest of the day laying around. I didn't even cook a special dinner. As I said this was quite different from years past!

Our daughter and granddaughter came for Thanksgiving as is their tradition, so we didn't see them and because I left my phone on silent from church on Wednesday we didn't talk to them on Christmas Day. We made up for it on Friday and had a great visit via phone. It was nearly 80 degrees here and probably 28 degrees for them in northern Indiana! I wish we lived closer so we could spend every holiday together, but that's not the way it's to be. I made special cards for them - cased from some very talented ladies at SCS. What would I do without the talent that is shared? Make pitiful cards for sure. lol

On a very good note, our dear Megan (stamp club member) who has been "diagnosed" with an unknown blood disorder/autoimmune disorder was home from the hospital and able to open presents with her family! That was a major blessing - prayers continue for her healing.

On a very sad note, Puppy Cropper, my dogs best friend passed away suddenly on Christmas day. What a terrible loss for the Cropper family and for all who knew Puppy. He will be greatly missed for a very, very long time.

It's been quite a year, but I'll reflect more on that as it draws closer to the end. Good night for now.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...