Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bookmark Cards

I am having so much fun making these bookmark cards. I got the idea from Barb at http://www.barbstamps.com/my_weblog/2009/04/supr-cool-bookmark.html and she got it from her Controlfreaks swaps - Yvette was her source. Now you know I wish I had last names etc., but I don't so I've given you the link to Barb's site and on it you can find explicit, wonderful instructions for making this card/bookmark.

It's so easy and quick and who doesn't need an easy and quick gift? We made these at my Open House on Tuesday night. We used the new In Colors, Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo. Don't you just love these new colors. I love how well they go together and how they are the perfect combo for so many of our "regular" colors. For those of you new to Stampin Up we have 48 colors divided into four color families and then evey year we get an additional six colors known as the "In Colors."

Back to the card: In this case it's a card front only and I just wrote a quick note on the back when I sent it to a friend this week - the bookmark part just sits on the upper right corner of the card and slips off to go to their book! We used the Big Shot and embosslits to decorate the cards along with the new Designer Series Paper (DSP) Razzleberry Lemonade. This gorgeous and versatile paper can be found on page 162 of the new catty for just $9.95. The embosslits are on page 195 and the HI is a new one! These are so much fun because they emboss and cut out at the same time. The flower on the bookmark is the flower burst.

Again, easy as can be and so much fun. Give it a try, they're very addictive.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...