Thursday, September 17, 2009

Autumn Leaves

Living where I do autumn leaves actually arrive in November around Thanksgiving and last through early December. They are pretty, but more yellows than the reds I group up with in Missouri. I still love the fall (we actually don't have one here) and I miss the smell of the leaves, the raking of the big piles and the jumping into the middle of them. Now actually, I don't think I would jump into the middle of them today, but I can tell you that just seeing brightly colored leaves brings back wonderful memories.

I saw a card similar to this one and new I had to make it. Check out my inspiration, Laura Lipe (click here)We actually made this card at our monthly club gatherings this month and by the time I had demoed for two different groups and made my samples I have a nice grouping to send out to my friends and famly. This is just one of many different looks, because the best part is just like real leaves each card has it's own look. I embossed the leaves on whisper white paper using soft suede and versa mark, with clear embossing powder. Colored in the leaves using a variety of stamp pads and blender pens. Covered the leaves completely using the versamark pen and embossed with clear embossing powder. We then sponged the background with three or four different inks and sponge daubers, wiping the leaves off when we were finished. The card base is Rich Razzleberry, second layer is Crushed Curry. I used Rich Razzleberry Ribbon - ribbon is polka dot, but you can flip it over and have a solid color. I stamped the cute little acorns with versamark and soft suede and colored in with blender pens, finishing by sponging the back ground. I punched them out with the 1 3/8 punch and two punches the same size with the Rich Razzlebery to add still another layer.

Like I said I have a number of these cards and will be posting them over the next few days. It sounds much more complicated than it is - so if you have this set - get out your inks and have fun! If you don't have this set and don't have a current demo, I will be happy to help you place an order - directly with me or using my online store.

Happy Stampin' - See you tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...