Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sneak Peak Hostess Set

It's been a while since I've posted. To say things are crazy would be an understatement. I'm moving - not to a new house, but to a new room. I'm moving all of my stamping stuff from our study downstairs to a extra bedroom upstairs. Sounds simple, but it's not. First the room upstairs had managed to fill its self with stuff. LOL So I've been sorting and packing up things for keeping, things for throwing away and things for giving away. What a job and why on earth do we think we need to have all that stuff in the first place!

The next issue is moving - I need two men without a truck! I made so many trips up and down the stairs yesterday I allowed myself a donut from Starbucks today! The frustrating part of moving is that when you need to do something - whatever you need is where you're not. Yesterday was Chat & Challenge on SUDSOL. I love participating in these - I get to meet the most interesting women as we chat and stamp. One of the most fun parts of stamping has been the new friends I've made both local and all over the country/world. Yes, world - most recently I've been conversing with a stamper in Australia. Well, back to yesterday - I had a blast except that I went back and forth the entire hour trying to find the things I needed, as I said what I needed was never where I was, but I got my card done.

I used all new materials for this card. We have been given the opportunity to purchase a few items ahead of the new catalog - it's called Sneak Peak and I purchased a level 2 Hostess set and the new In Color papers and inks. I love the new colors, even though I'm still very sad at losing Kiwi Kiss and the other current colors.

For this card I used Asian Artistry as the stamp set and Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Very Vanilla. One of the most exciting things for the new year - we now have markers for our In Colors! The only problem is that in the midst of my move and the confusion of my stuff, I forgot them and used Cameo Coral to color the flower. Looks pretty good though and that's one of the many wonderful things about Stampin' Up - the colors work together beautifully. I really enjoyed using this set and look forward to showing you the other stamps in it over the next few days. Check back soon, hopefully I'm back on schedule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...