Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Matisse continued . . .

My second Matisse!  For my second try I chose one of his 1906 paintings - Marguerite Reading.  I probably used the the wrong size paper, and so it isn't the shape of his and it threw some things out of whack, but I think I got the idea!  This class is supposed to be about learning our style through study and copying the Masters and our teachers, so I'm ok with the finished picture, but no need to worry about it being mistaken as a Matisse!  haha



Clearly, I have a long way to go in really obtaining his shading and colors, but it's a fun learning process! This class is stretching me in ways I hadn't expected and I recommend it to anyone that has any interest in painting. I have several more of his paintings I want to copy and I'm anxious to move into the next class and the study of Gaudi, but I also need to take a few days and spin some yarn before I forget everything I learned at my spinning class.  So much to do - so little thyme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...